Monday, September 6, 2010

Super Models, Crab Legs & Motorcycles


Sunday..Labor Day weekend. I decide to have everyone get dressed up for family photos at Alpine Groves Park, a property that was once home to thriving orange/lemon groves in northwest St. Johns County. The park lends a lot of character for photo backdrops...rustic barns, the river, tree canopy forest and some other things. We went into this super model style and dressed in cold weather clothes since the look and feel we were going for with the pictures was cool weather/fall. It was hot so I was proud that no one really complained..not David..Kenley..or even me. As far as the pictures go, we got away with a hand full of keepers so I was happy..but even more thrilled at realizing there was so much more at Alpine Groves for us to enjoy. We meandered through a butterfly garden, saw some interesting plant life, played with Kenley on a nicely kept playground and strolled down a winding path through shady wetlands that lead us to some spectacular views of the river. Man, I wish we had packed lunch! What a nice place to picnic. Next time.

Speaking of food, we left Alpine Groves and headed south towards Outback Crab Shack. Holy Crab Legs! Two pounds for $24.99 and they were huge..definately enough to feed both me and David. The only downside at Outback Crab Shack, I burned the roof of my mouth with a fried pickle. I didn't see that coming.  Meanwhile, if you're into motorcycles, this seems like a popular spot for riders so you'll probably see some beautiful bikes. Nearly a dozen shiny Harley's sat outside the restaurant. Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment